Monday, November 19, 2012

Bryon Katie



A friend of mine recently introduced me to Byron Katie and I've been fascinated with her ever since. I find her work compelling and enjoy watching her videos. Next up I plan to read one of her books and while her workshop is not currently in my price range, maybe in the future I will be willing to throw down 5k (!) to attend. I love finding new people that inspire me and create growth. Byron's work does that for me. I will report back once I read one of her books.

Here are a few quotes from her website that jumped out at me:

"A thought is harmless unless we believe it. It is not our thoughts, but the attachment to our thoughts, that causes suffering. Attaching to a thought means believing that it’s true, without inquiring. A belief is a thought that we’ve been attaching to, often for years."

"No one has ever been able to control his thinking, although people may tell the story of how they have. I don’t let go of my thoughts—I meet them with understanding. Then they let go of me."

She has created something she calls The Work which is a process that works to end suffering and help us realize that our beliefs are not reality. She encourages us to question our thoughts, and get to the source of our unhappiness. You can find out more about The Work process and download a worksheet on her website.

Image

No comments:

Post a Comment