Sunday, December 9, 2012

Favorite Things



Here are some things I am enjoying right now.

1. Rosemary Gladstar's Herbal books
I have two of Rosemary's books and I'm really enjoying reading about the medicinal properties of herbs and all of the different ways one can use herbs for healing. Her books are filled with easy to follow recipes for teas, tinctures, salves and other fun concoctions. Since reading her books I have bought a box full of organic herbs in bulk from Mountain Rose Herbs and have been experimenting with different herbal blends, it makes me feel like a witch doctor! I love how simple her recipes are and how she explains the benefits of each herb and recipe.

2. Persimmons
I naturally have to mention persimmons again because I cannot get enough of this slightly exotic fruit. I am already getting sick of apples, oranges and bananas and winter has barely started, uh-oh! Persimmons are an exciting change! My brother picked persimmons off his neighbor's trees in California and he was kind enough to send me a box, I am savoring every bite.

3. Rooibos Tea
I love drinking tea and always have a full pantry but I had to add this South African tea to my tea collection. I brew a big cup using this handy tea infuser that fits right into my mug. Not only do I like the taste, but it also has many benefits. It helps relax the mind so it is great to drink before bed if you have a hard time falling asleep. It full of antioxidants, vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, iron, zinc and copper and is caffeine free! 

4. Rose water
I absolutely love this product. I spray it on my face, in the room and even put it in drinks. It's perfect for traveling when your face starts to feel dry and the smell of roses always put me in a good mood. Make sure your rose water is free of pesticides, dyes and all of that other stuff. My favorite brand Heritage which is just pure rose water.




No comments:

Post a Comment