Sunday, October 14, 2012

San Diego/San Francisco Eats

Like most people I love to explore the different restaurants when traveling. I always use Yelp and search for vegetarian (or veggie friendly) restaurants in the area, or if we are craving a particular type of food I search for it in Yelp such as Thai, Indian, etc.


San Diego

Firehouse American Eatery and Lounge



We went to Firehouse after our bike ride along the water front. It's near the water and boardwalk and actually above an actual Fire Station, cool huh? We got the roast peper veggie burger (the toppings were roasted poblano pepper, goat cheese, caramelized onions & chipotle aioli!!) with french fries and a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup. Both meals were so delicious  We sat upstairs on the deck, but the area downstairs looked like it had a cool atmosphere, especially for the evening. 

Lotus Cafe

I've actually been here a few times before, but I had to go again because I love how fresh and healthy the food is! It was perfect for after a weekend of indulgence. I got the veggies tacos, which were a little hard to eat because they spilled everywhere, but were full of delicious vegetables and toppings. Make sure you try one of their smoothies, they are filled with fresh fruits and are very refreshing.

Tapenade

We went here for the rehearsal dinner and the creme brulee was to die for. I never order creme brulee but I'm pretty sure I will only order it from now on. I don't know if this place makes specatuclar creme brulee, or if all creme brulee is amazing, but my Husband and I could not stop raving about it. They also had a wonderful asparagus soup. The atmosphere was cute and French so it would be a perfect date night restaurant.

Spice and Rice Thai Kitchen

I love Thai food, and I'm not really picky, so this one hit the spot. I thought the decor was really nice, and bonus points for the booths! I got the Tum Kha soup which was very delicious and then ordered a red curry. It's time I go to Thailand!

San Francisco

NOPA

We finally went here to see what the hype was all about. We went for brunch and had their french toast which is 5 inches thick and has custard in the middle. It was amazing. I wish they had put some fruit on top, as you know I love french toast with maple syrup and strawberries, but this definitely was unique and really tasty!

Dantes Weird Fish

Our group ordered 7 or so tapas style dishes and split them all. It was very tasty, but honestly I don't remember what I ate. I had so many piles of different dishes! The place is tiny, so it got pretty loud (I guess most places do) but it was fun being in the Mission and catching up with friends. Contrary to what the name would suggest they actually have a lot of vegetarian/vegan options so this is a good place to go when your group has mixed dietary preferences.

Bi-Rite Creamery

If you are near the Mission and are in the mood for a sweet treat this is a must! Bi-Rite uses organic milk to make their ice-cream and they have unique, delicious flavors. My favorite is their salted caramel, so I got that, as well as their fruit sorbet, coconut ice-cream and a cone on top.






1 comment:

  1. I might need to try some of those places if I go to SF ever....tapas sound good!!!

    ReplyDelete