Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Rise and shine



I love how simple french toast is to make. Over the weekend I woke up wanting something a little more exciting than my regular breakfast which is usually a smoothie or toast. French toast, for me, is the perfect compromise of exciting and not too labor intensive. While my brother in law makes amazing crepes, and I love pancakes, both of those require making a batter and spending more time over the stove. French toast on the other hand just requires a few simple ingredients and a hot pan.

To make the topping I threw a bag of mixed frozen fruit into a saucepan, turned it to medium heat and added a little arrowroot to thicken it up. For the french toast I beat two eggs and milk together, dipped the bread in and put it in a cast-iron pan with some coconut oil. Five minutes later the french toast was ready! If you have a sweet tooth like me you can drizzle some maple syrup on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment