Saturday, September 15, 2012

New camera!




I just got a new camera! I decided on a Canon SX40 HS powershot. It's not a very expensive camera but according to my Uncle it's a really good all around camera. You can't change the lens but that was my selling point. I wanted a camera that was easy to take around and didn't need other lenses because I wouldn't want to travel with that added bulk. This camera has a very nice zoom, macro lens and a few other features. It's a good starter camera and if I realize that I love taking macro shots or night shots then I can get another camera to really cater to those shots. But for now I'm going to try and master using this camera in manual mode. I need to learn all about apertures, shutter speeds and ISO's. So far I'm more frustrated than excited when I try them out, but it's all about baby steps.

The photo above is of our (messy) living room, I thought the lighting was pretty. The photos below are of my mother's flower garden. The last is my husband enjoying the sun and reading The Unofficial Guide to Disney World. He is obsessed, but I'm not complaining, because we are going this winter and I think we are going to have an awesome time because of this book!





No comments:

Post a Comment