Friday, September 14, 2012

The Windy City

I flew into Chicago on the way back from India and my husband and I spent two days shopping, eating, taking naps and walking to eat more food. One highlight of the trip was a spontaneous bike ride along the water. It was a perfect morning, the sun was shining and it wasn't too hot. We grabbed bikes for an hour and biked along the flat, smooth bike path. There were not many people out so we had the path to ourselves. It was a great way to see the city and it made me want to fill a moving van with our stuff and move near the lake.

The first day started out with amazing bagels and smoothies where we took glamour shots of ourselves...this is my model face. ;)




A few places we ate at that I would recommend:

India House

They serve you warm, buttered naan with tomato dipping sauce while you figure out what you want to order. They also give you raita (a sauce with yogurt and cucumber) on the house. Those are two of my favorite things! We ended up ordering more naan because it was amazing. The rest of the food was delicious as well.

Native Foods Cafe

This is a vegan, hip cafe that serves really comforting, healthy dishes. I had an amazing brown rice, tofu and vegetable bowl with thai curry. It was perfect for just getting off the plane. We split some sweet potato fries and then couldn't resist the desserts so got them to go and ate them in front of the Bean, which I just learned is officially called Cloud Gate.

Pinkberry

I actually prefer frozen yogurt places that let you make your own cup filled with the amount of frozen yogurt and toppings you want. But, after shopping all day this really hit the spot, I love their tart yogurt flavor! My favorite toppings are coconut, fruit, walnuts and brownie bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment