Sunday, August 12, 2012

India



I've been in India for 1.5 months now but I haven't been able to write a blog post because I can't seem to put into words what I want to say. Maybe it's because I still don't know how I feel. This past month has been a very challenging yet life changing experience. I've been away from home on my own and I'm not sure when I'm coming back due to some circumstances I can't control. If I could wave a wand and go back home I would, but on the other hand I'm here to accomplish something and I don't want to leave until I do (I know, vague enough?). 

I'm here during monsoon season which is actually quite lovely. I was worried about being in India during the summer, but the part I'm in isn't too hot. Most days have been cloudy which means lower temperatures with a slight cool breeze. I'm also loving the rain. It comes maybe once a day either in the night or for a bit during the day, but it's not overwhelming. It's quite romantic and cozy. 

I find that India really teaches me lessons and the lessons I'm facing this trip is learning how to let go, trust, surrender and relax. Big things for me. I haven't conquered them yet but I'm facing them head on because I can't brush them under the rug like I can back home. So we shall see...











No comments:

Post a Comment