Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Carmel



We went on another weekend getaway to Carmel. This time to stay at my Aunt's house. Carmel has a charm that many people are attracted to but honestly, it's too overcast and grey for me. When I got there I felt like the fog got into my brain. I was so tired! Carmel has it's charms though. It's full of beautiful houses, beautiful cars and the ocean. Oh, and lot's of older wealthy people. There was a big car show going on and people from all the world were coming to participate and view modern and old cars. I have never seen so many Lamborghini's, Jaguars and Ferraris on the road. We visited Mission Ranch (photo of house below) which is a series of beautiful houses and cabins for rent, a restaurant and a dance hall all overlooking a field full of sheep, cliffs and the ocean. Very pictureque.


The rest of the weekend I read and finished the second book in the Hunger Games. Serious cliff hanger. I need to find book three! We also went to the farmer's market and spent a serious amount on fresh produce!

1 comment:

  1. The rest of the weekend I read and finished the second book in the Hunger Games. Serious cliff hanger. I need to find book three! We also went to the farmer's market and spent a serious amount on fresh produce!

    ReplyDelete