Thursday, May 12, 2011

Happiness Project



I just finished reading the Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin and definitely recommend it. It's an easy read, entertaining and also thought provoking. Each month Gretchen focuses on some area of her life that she would like to improve such as relationships, energy levels, family or passion. The book is very personal to her experience but can easily be adjusted to relate to to your own personal life. Her different areas of focus made me reflect on my life and how I could improve different aspects of my life. I love when books do this: entertain while also enhance your life. In her relationship chapter it reminded me that some of my habits weren't conducive to a healthy relationship, such as nagging my boyfriend. Though let's be honest, I'm not a super hero so the nagging hasn't completely stopped, but just being aware of the problem helps me cut back.

Another aspect of her book I loved was her Twelve Personal Commandments:

Be Gretchen
Let it go
Act the way I want to feel
Do it now
Be polite and be fair
Enjoy the process
Spend out
Identify the problem
Lighten up
Do what ought to be done
No calculation
There is only love

In the next few days I hope to come up with my own set of commandments. When I do I will post them here.

1 comment:

  1. I need to read this! First Kayla of Exquisite Banana mentioned it, now you! It sounds great so I hope I can get my hands on it soon.

    Thank you for following me on Twitter so that I could find you and your blog! I'm looking forward to reading along. :)

    ReplyDelete