Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday- Beauty

I just got back from a whirlwind trip to San Diego to attend my friend's wedding. She is Indian and had a traditional Indian wedding. The first event started on Wednesday and went until Sunday (crazy right?!). The week was filled with spicy food, Indian sweets, dancing, henna, late nights, ceremonies, and meeting many new people. The thing that really struck me this weekend was the outfits the Indian women wore to the events. I attempted to dress up with some saris I had but they blew me out of the water. They wore saris full of sparkles, jewels and bright colors. Each sari and choli (the top under the sari) had unique and stunning details. These women really know how to dress up and enjoy wearing beautiful outfits. 

Seeing all these stunning outfits reminded how fun it is to dress up, how much I love colors, unique details and feeling like a lady.  :)

Colorful sari's
Different choli's 
Henna and bangles- most women have around 40 bangles per arm!

No comments:

Post a Comment