Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Favorite Things

Riding a horse for the FIRST time in Costa Rica

1. Dancing in the kitchen while cooking food. I highly recommend getting a portable speaker in your kitchen. I just plug in my iPhone and listen to pandora.

2. Homemade granola, almond milk, blueberries and bananas. Might just be heaven in a nutshell.

3.Trying something new. Anything. It could be trying a new recipe or jumping out of a plane. Both of those things spice things up and add some change to a normal routine.

p.s. The horse's name was pequeno which means small in spanish. Horses are very intelligent creatures and they can sense what is going on. When I first got on pequeno I was definitely nervous and let's just say he could tell! He stopped at the bushes to eat and basically took advantage of the situation. I didn't realize what was going on until the instructor told me take control and not let him stop every 10 seconds. Once I gained some confidence I (mostly) had control of him and enjoyed myself! Oh, and I 
could barely sit down after the few hours of riding. I was so sore!


p.p.s Did I mention that we rode the horses on the beach at sunset? Yes. It was glorious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment