Thursday, October 7, 2010

In the Morning

Sometimes the only thing that gets me out of bed in the morning is the thought of this:


I have always loved smoothies. It's like having a milkshake in the morning. 
I used to be very traditional putting in some sort of liquid (almond milk usually).
Bananas
Strawberries and blueberries
Flax seed
Sometimes yogurt. 
That was it. But, oh so amazing!

But, now I have advanced to the new level of smoothie making. My friend introduced me to "super foods". I had always been afraid of them. Not sure what to do with them, and also, not so into the price. But, we shopped on Amazon and got some good deals. Now, in my smoothies:
Chia Seeds
Maca Powder
Hemp seeds
Brown rice protein powder
and sometimes raw cacao nibs. 

Honestly, I love them all! Tastes yummy and I feel like I'm taking care of my body.

1 comment: